This adventurous wellness program is geared for those interested in hiking, camping, backpacking, or survival.
Learn the connection between you, your equipment, and the resources nature has to offer. Connecting with nature, learning skills, engaging in the community, and having fun is what Bushcraft Basics is all about—gaining the knowledge to identify, craft, and apply primitive wilderness techniques. This adventure exposes participants to the basic skills of shelter building, navigation, water, fire crafting, and more. Guides will provide safety and skill instruction before and during the trip. If you need special assistance with this, please contact us directly so we can discuss any accommodations needed for this program.
Participants will meet us at DETWEILER PARK, 1451 Peters Mountain Rd, Dauphin, PA 17018
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age to participate.
- No one under the age of 18 can participate without a parent, adult family member, or guardian.
- This event is rain or shine. Bush crafting is an outdoor sport in learning to adapt to the environment. In the event of severe weather conditions, the trip will be canceled. If we cancel the trip, we will provide a full refund. At that time, you can re-register for any available program. If the trip is canceled, notification will occur 1-2 hours pre-trip via personal phone call, text, or email.
- You are required to sign a waiver of liability with Adventure Explorations, the facilitator of this program, before participating. Each participant must complete a waiver. Click HERE to get started.
- There is a porta-potty-style restroom facility onsite.
What's Included - we will provide:
- Day pack
- Trekking poles
- Essential Gear
What to Bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing that can be layered, avoiding cotton wherever possible.
- A sturdy pair of hiking boots/shoes
- A rain jacket and an insulating layer.
- Refillable Water Bottle
- 64oz of Drinking Water
- Bug spray
- Sun protection
- Snacks or a Bag lunch
Please Note: We are trying to do our part to help the environment and are kicking plastic. If you would please help by providing your own bottle it would be a huge help.
Gratuity: Tips are not required but highly suggested, your guide works very hard to make your trip top-notch. It’s customary to present a 10-20% tip to your guide.
This is a Park Rx program sponsored by Highmark and supported by UPMC. Their sponsorships help us to defray program costs and offer some programs for free of cost. We appreciate their support.
Program Services Provided By: Adventure Explorations
Adventure Explorations is a multi-disciplined, concierge adventure company with expert guides and high-quality equipment, creating exciting and memorable experiences in the Hershey and Harrisburg area. Possible adventures include Climbing, Kayaking, Fishing, Hiking, and More. If you’re not sure what path to take or have specific needs, we’ll create a tailor-made experience that perfectly suits you. We’ll take care of all of the details so you can enjoy your adventure! Gather friends and family for a unique outdoor adventure or connect with your co-workers through one of many meaningful team-building opportunities.
To learn more visit: www.adventureexplorations.com or call 888-ADV-EXPL / 888-238-3975
Program Contact: Nancy Gates | Assistant Program Manager | [email protected] | 717-599-5188, ext. 2113